Terms & Conditions -
By becoming a client of Taylor Made Cake Courses you enter into a contract by which you:
• Confirm that you are willing to participate fully in the course. (at the specified time and date if location course) Full payment only, secures your place on any course. Payments must be made, in full, at least
10 days before the course date.
• Agree to pay the relevant fees. All course payments are non refundable. Extenuating
circumstances will be considered at Taylor Made Cakes discretion.
• Agree not to plagiarise the work of others or in any way try to pass yourself off as competent
by means of deception. All course content and imagery are protected as Artistic Works of Jane
• Agree to take full responsibility for your actions and opinions.
• Confirm that you have, or are willing to secure access to, relevant materials where the course
• Agree to provide any dietary preferences, requirements or allergy information at least 10 days at least 10 days prior to the course date (standard lunch and drinks will be provided in the absence of
• Agree to take full responsibility for any damages to equipment or the venue itself caused by
yourself or directly by your actions.
• You may be photographed/filmed during the course duration for marketing and training
purposes. You reserve the right to opt out of being photographed/filmed for any reason. Please
make this clear in an email at least 10 days prior to the course date.
• We reserve the right to refuse clients for any reason.
• Face-to-face courses normally run with a suitable minimum of participants. Should a course
be cancelled because of shortage of participants you will be offered a place on an alternative
course or a full refund of fees paid.
• In the unlikely event that your course tutor is unwell or unable to teach a course due to
unforeseen circumstances, the course date will be rescheduled with acceptable notice (10
• Course places are limited to 12 per class to ensure the best experience for attendees. These
will be allocated on a first come first served basis however there will be a waiting list for those
who are unable to secure a place on their chosen date.
• Taylor Made Cakes teach only tried and tested methods and skills, due to the nature of this
craft Taylor Made Cakes cannot guarantee the desired success of every attendee but will
endeavour to provide thorough and relevant course content.
• Course times and layouts are subject to minor changes at Taylor Made Cakes discretion.
• Courses include lunch and drinks (tea/coffee) preferences at least 10 day prior to course
• All kits are posted within 5 days of purchase, time taken to receive the kits varies depending on the country which it is being posted to.
• You are only able to join the 'Taylor Made Cake Community Groups' Upon completion of the location course 1 & the online wrapping course.
• You are only able to complete Location Course 2 once you have completed Location Course One.
Privacy Notice Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden -
Privacy Notice - Effective Date: 25 May 2018
Jane Taylor of Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden and its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to safeguarding the privacy and personal information of customers and business partners. This Privacy Notice explains how Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden may collect, use, process, share, and store personal information about you, including through designated third-party service providers, and the choices that are available to you regarding this information.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand Taylor Made Cakes views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
In addition to information kept in hardcopy, this Privacy Notice also applies to Company-related websites, online applications that run on smart phones, tablets, mobile devices (“apps”), and other online services that we offer which link to this Privacy Notice. Please note also that our websites may contain links to other websites.
What information do we process?
Only information you give to Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden.
Jane Taylor will collect information about you when you hire Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden to work for you. By placing an order for a cake(s), purchasing a course, purchasing a kit, buying an online video or other. When you hire Jane Taylor and her service and/or remit payment for services. Taylor Made Cakes also collect information about you using cookies if you interact with us via phone, social media, websites, or apps.
The information you may give Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden could include categories such as, but not limited to, your name, work or personal address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, gender. Cookies and website usage. Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden will never hold nor ask for data that is not absolutely essential for the services you have requested.
Please note that our websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under 13 years of age.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Jane Taylor will do her best to protect your personal data, Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to/from our website -- any transmission is at your own risk.
How does Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden use the information about you?
Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden use your information to provide you with information, process orders for services that you have requested, and administer or otherwise carry out the obligations in relation to any agreement you have with Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden. Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden retains your information for the period necessary to serve a legitimate purpose or as required by law.
If at any time you wish Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden to stop using your information for any the above purposes, please contact Jane Taylor using the methods explained below. Jane Taylor will stop the use of your information for such purposes as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so.
You are able to request and exercise your right to be forgotten at anytime, and all data will be deleted within 30 days. Please note this may infringe upon any on-going work.
How do we share your information?
Your information is shared between Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden and FES Enterprises owned by Frances Clifford & Emily Foster, employed by Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden. FES Enterprises work on behalf of Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden to aid website function, assist with marketing: including but not exclusive to Mailchimp newsletters, Facebook Adverts, Google Adverts and Course Data organisation. They will never share your information with third parties without your prior consent. These third parties will not use your personal information for any other purposes than what Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden have agreed to with them, and you, and we request those third parties to implement adequate levels of protection in order to safeguard your personal information.
While the information is under Jane Taylor’s control, Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden seeks to ensure that your personal information receives adequate protection, including seeking to ensure that it is kept secure and used only in accordance with Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden instructions and for legitimate purposes.
In the event that Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition of another company, or sale of part or all of our assets, we may disclose your personal information to third parties and your personal data held may be among one of the assets transferred.
Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden may also automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website or those of Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden’s clients. Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden may also aggregate details which you have submitted to us. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden in providing effective services, including in connection with the Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden website or those of Jane Taylor’s customers.
Potential rights under the GDPR
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a citizen or resident of an EU country or Switzerland, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information:
• Right to access information maintained about you;
• Right to ensure your data is accurate and complete;
• Right to erasure, or the right to be forgotten;
• Right to restriction or suppression of personal data;
• Right to data portability;
• Right to withdraw consent if consent was previously provided; and
• Right to raise a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are eligible to invoke one of the rights listed above and wish to do so, you may contact Jane Taylor as part of a subject access request using the details found below. Please note that Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden may not always be able to fulfil your request as there may be legitimate purposes, such as certain legal or statutory obligations, that require us to retain your information as stored or if we believe the change would cause the information to be incorrect.
Updates to our Privacy Notice
As appropriate, Taylor Made Cakes of Tenterden may make changes to this Privacy Notice that will be posted online and, where appropriate, be sent to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to remain aware of any updates or changes to this Privacy Notice